This FULL COLOUR book provides a full tactical analysis of Diego Simeone's 4-4-2 Defending Tactics (123 Tactical Situations) for you the coach to learn from one of the best defensive coaches in the world.
Tactical organisation is the key to Atlético Madrid’s success during Diego Simeone’s reign. He has built a winning culture of commitment, passion, aggressiveness and commitment, and a winning game plan based on excellent defensive organisation. They are extremely difficult to break down, even by the top attacking sides, like Barcelona, Real Madrid and Liverpool, and have consistently been one of the toughest teams to play against in the whole of Europe.
Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid have used these defending tactics to achieve great success when competing against teams with far greater resources.
Each Tactical Situation has analysis of Diego Simeone’s Atlético Madrid defending tactics and is followed by practices to help you adapt the tactics into your training sessions for your team.
Tactical Analysis and Session Topic Examples:
- How the Centre Backs Defend the Forwards' Movements
- Rear Block's Positioning and Movements to Control Wide Areas
- Pressing High Up the Pitch (from the Goalkeeper)
- Positioning of the Forwards to Prepare for Counter Attacks
- Counter-Pressing After Losing Possession During Combination Play
- Defensive Line Controlling Gaps Between Centre Backs and Full Backs
- Rear Block's Defensive Reactions After Wide Players Receive
- Controlling Wide Areas with the Rear Block in a Functional Practice
- Compact Midfield Line Blocking Through Passes in a Functional Game
- Negative Transition After Losing Possession in a Conditioned Game
Emulate, Practice and Apply Diego Simeone’s Defensive Tactics
Level U14-Pro 268 Pages 123 Tactical Analysis 47 Practices